How can I help?
Do you want to help animals, plants and the environment?
If you are looking for fun ways to protect our planet and conserve our valuable resources check out these ideas form the AZA website:
- Recycle Not only can you recycle products like glass, aluminum and newspaper, but you can reuse other household items as well. Instead of buying trash bags, reuse plastic grocery sacks for your trash. Before throwing away a piece of paper use both sides. Take your lunch in a lunchbox, instead of a sack that you throwaway.
- Start a composting bin You can start a composting bin in your own back yard for biodegradable trash such as old vegetables and fruit peels. Then you can then use the compost to help plant a garden and grow new fruits and vegetables to eat.
- Walk or ride you bike instead of driving By walking or riding a bike instead of driving you can help save gas and money. This is also a great way to stay physically active and enjoy the outdoors.
- Conserve water Next time you brush your teeth, turn off the water while you are brushing. Taking faster showers and not running lawn sprinklers excessively in the summer also helps conserve water.
- Save electricity Whenever you leave a room, turn off the lights. If you are not in a room, make sure the electrical appliances and lamps are also turned off.